Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

'24/'25 Men's Basketball
Bookmark and Share
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
'24/'25 Men's Basketball
Chris Manon, Cornell's 1st Team All Ivy League guard, grad transfer with two years eligibility. Didn't play in their NIT game with Ohio State due to injury.

Junior year highlights:
https://youtu.be/roEEd3JfVP0?feature=shared

Per Earl, current interest from:
Arkansas
Clemson
UMass
Davidson
Delaware
Georgetown
Iona
James Madison
Loyola-Chicago
Minnesota
Pitt
Richmond
Rhode Island
St. Joseph's (PA)

Can we add William and Mary to that list and feel good about it.
03-23-2024 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

'24/'25 Men's Basketball
We dont have the NIL to compete with a lot of those schools, but we know program fit is there.
03-23-2024 03:05 PM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

RE: '24/'25 Men's Basketball
Isaiah Gray, Cornell starting guard, grad transfer with two years eligibility. 19 pts, 5 rebs, 4 assists in their NIT game at Ohio St.

https://twitter.com/NITMBB/status/177024...iX15w&s=19
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024 03:16 PM by Tribeheart.)
03-23-2024 03:13 PM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

Will be interesting to see who may be convinced to stay.
03-23-2024 03:33 PM
FauqDawg10 Offline
Special Teams

(03-23-2024 03:03 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Chris Manon, Cornell's 1st Team All Ivy League guard, grad transfer with two years eligibility. Didn't play in their NIT game with Ohio State due to injury.

Junior year highlights:

Arkansas
Clemson
UMass
Davidson
Delaware
Georgetown
Iona
James Madison
Loyola-Chicago
Minnesota
Pitt
Richmond
Rhode Island
St. Joseph's (PA)

Insofar as it's now a theoretical possibility and he'd immediately become one of the best Tribe players of this century, sure.

If any of the big boys are offering, and I suspect they will be, he's far out of our reach.
03-24-2024 08:41 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
(03-24-2024 08:41 AM)FauqDawg10 Wrote:  
(03-23-2024 03:03 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Chris Manon, Cornell's 1st Team All Ivy League guard, grad transfer with two years eligibility. Didn't play in their NIT game with Ohio State due to injury.

Junior year highlights:

Arkansas
Clemson
UMass
Davidson
Delaware
Georgetown
Iona
James Madison
Loyola-Chicago
Minnesota
Pitt
Richmond
Rhode Island
St. Joseph's (PA)

Insofar as it's now a theoretical possibility and he'd immediately become one of the best Tribe players of this century, sure.

If any of the big boys are offering, and I suspect they will be, he's far out of our reach.

It's a new world for William and Mary. Cornell players are likely going to have a bigger picture in mind than NIL. If this player can stay with a coach he really likes(assuming he does) and end up at a school on par with Cornell offering a degree he is interested in(and hopefully you have), he may be exactly the kind of player you can bring on board. After all he thrived in a system, and with a coach that is coming to William and Mary.
03-24-2024 08:58 AM
Advertisement

mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-24-2024 08:58 AM)82hawk Wrote:  It's a new world for William and Mary. Cornell players are likely going to have a bigger picture in mind than NIL. If this player can stay with a coach he really likes(assuming he does) and end up at a school on par with Cornell offering a degree he is interested in(and hopefully you have), he may be exactly the kind of player you can bring on board. After all he thrived in a system, and with a coach that is coming to William and Mary.

Or maybe, just maybe, W&M might start dipping it's toe into the NIL waters. Investing in a known commodity like Manon would probably be a wise move and far more valuable to us since he's a known commodity in a system he's comfortable with playing for a coach he's comfortable with.
03-24-2024 09:10 AM
wmmii Offline
1st String

'24/'25 Men's Basketball
(03-24-2024 09:10 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Or maybe, just maybe, W&M might start dipping it's toe into the NIL waters. Investing in a known commodity like Manon would probably be a wise move and far more valuable to us since he's a known commodity in a system he's comfortable with playing for a coach he's comfortable with.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
03-24-2024 10:04 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
(03-24-2024 09:10 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  
(03-24-2024 08:58 AM)82hawk Wrote:  It's a new world for William and Mary. Cornell players are likely going to have a bigger picture in mind than NIL. If this player can stay with a coach he really likes(assuming he does) and end up at a school on par with Cornell offering a degree he is interested in(and hopefully you have), he may be exactly the kind of player you can bring on board. After all he thrived in a system, and with a coach that is coming to William and Mary.

Or maybe, just maybe, W&M might start dipping it's toe into the NIL waters. Investing in a known commodity like Manon would probably be a wise move and far more valuable to us since he's a known commodity in a system he's comfortable with playing for a coach he's comfortable with.

NIL would still be a secondary consideration for a guy who chose Cornell in the first place. It would be icing on the cake for him, but the combo of William and Mary itself with some NIL may be the reight recipe.
03-24-2024 05:54 PM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

Manon visiting Richmond on Thursday, "per his coach."

Maybe an under the radar trip down 64 on Friday????

Have to believe Brian gave Brian some tangible enticements to convince him to come here. I'm "saying it into being" that we may be seeing a sea change in our commitment to men's basketball. Cause I'm getting 03-old
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024 09:03 PM by Tribeheart.)
03-24-2024 08:41 PM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

While Williamsburg isn't huge, it does have a fair amount of businesses, and we're the only D1 team in town. I think we do have some NIL potential, we just need to figure out how to tap into it.
03-24-2024 09:03 PM
Advertisement

Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
(03-24-2024 09:03 PM)TDenverFan Wrote:  While Williamsburg isn't huge, it does have a fair amount of businesses, and we're the only D1 team in town. I think we do have some NIL potential, we just need to figure out how to tap into it.

Count Newport News in the mix.
03-25-2024 05:59 AM
wmmii Offline
1st String

(03-24-2024 08:41 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Manon visiting Richmond on Thursday, "per his coach."

Maybe an under the radar trip down 64 on Friday????

Have to believe Brian gave Brian some tangible enticements to convince him to come here. I'm "saying it into being" that we may be seeing a sea change in our commitment to men's basketball. Cause I'm getting 03-old

+1
03-25-2024 09:10 AM
wmmii Offline
1st String

Coach Earl style of play with Cornell had a rotation of about 10 players with his best player Manon averaging 22 minutes per game and 9 players averaging between 24.9 and 14.9 per game.

Four of these are in the portal which including 3 starters. Chris Manon (G 6'5") who was First Team Ivy League and their best player is in the portal but Nazir Williams (G 6'3") who was Second Team Ivy League player has not entered the portal and may have another year of eligibility left at Cornell since he enrolled a year later than Manon. Other starters in the portal are Isaiah Gray (G 6'3") and Sean Hansen (F 6'9"). Final player of interest in the portal is Keller Boothby (F 6'7").

Think that Manon and then Hansen are two top priorities based on who we would hope are returning for the Tribe.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024 09:40 AM by wmmii.)
03-25-2024 09:39 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

He will definitely need to find some height for next year's squad.
03-25-2024 09:48 AM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
(03-25-2024 09:48 AM)billymac Wrote:  He will definitely need to find some height for next year's squad.

I hope one of them is Noah Collier.
03-25-2024 09:52 AM
Advertisement

Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
I’m hoping Charlie Williams
03-25-2024 10:42 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

'24/'25 Men's Basketball
I'm hoping for as many all-Ivy league players as we can fit.
03-25-2024 10:52 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

This from new Hampton Coach Ivan Thomas:

"That was my mission the first couple of days, to recruit back the people we got here", Thomas told the Pilot on Wednesday. "Make sure we let them know that we want them. This is the place where we want you to stay."

I hope Coach Earl has the same idea. For as tough as last season was, I still thought many of this year's players (including Charlie, Jack and Trey) would have thrived in an offense similar to Earl's.
03-25-2024 11:55 AM
wmmii Offline
1st String

'24/'25 Men's Basketball
(03-25-2024 11:55 AM)billymac Wrote:  This from new Hampton Coach Ivan Thomas:

"That was my mission the first couple of days, to recruit back the people we got here", Thomas told the Pilot on Wednesday. "Make sure we let them know that we want them. This is the place where we want you to stay."

I hope Coach Earl has the same idea. For as tough as last season was, I still thought many of this year's players (including Charlie, Jack and Trey) would have thrived in an offense similar to Earl's.

Agree on Charlie and Trey. Jack seemed to have checked out before the season ended so not sure about him.

Really would like to hear the announcement of when the introductory meeting will occur of Coach Earl to the public and fan base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
03-25-2024 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.